Here we go….back to school, sports schedules, music lessons, carpools, homework, and other activities are a part of our family routine again. Balancing these schedules can make meal planning and preparing difficult. Even if you love to cook, figuring out meals can be overwhelming.
As our care-free summer days have come to an end, I thought I would share some pre-made and quick fixing food and snack options from Costco. Although I love to cook, I know there will be nights when I need some quick fixing options.
- Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties (organic and gluten free). Add it to a salad (see picture above) for a quick meal. Easy to warm up in a toaster too.
- Wild Planet Tuna is packed in BPA free cans, is sustainably caught and averages 800 mg of anti-inflammatory omega 3s per serving.
- Organic Hard Boiled Eggs are a great nutrient-dense snack. My son has been loving egg salad after school and before soccer practice.
- Aidells Organic Chicken Meatballs added to sautéed garden veggies make a super quick meal.
- Canyon Bakehouse gluten free bread has a nice texture for toast or a sandwich.
- Popcornopolis contains only 3 non-GMO ingredients (popcorn, coconut oil, sea salt)
- Mariani Organic Almonds make a great snack and a great addition to a homemade trail mix (e.g., nuts, seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, and raisins…or better yet a little dark chocolate).
- Pacific Superfood Kale Chips provide a variety of nutrients while satisfying that salty, crunchy craving.
- Coconut Water and Organic Frozen Berries are smoothie ingredient staples in our house.
- Coco Roons are made with coconut and almond flour. Made with real food, these treats can be used as an alternative to energy bars.